[OM] Re: Nikon DX 18-200/3.5-5.6G on film

Subject: [OM] Re: Nikon DX 18-200/3.5-5.6G on film
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 18:10:10 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> I agree with your reasoning regarding the mirror but I would have
> expected a solenoid actuation in an electronic camera.  And, regardless
> of how it's implemented Nikon and Pentax were both able to do it.

I have no doubt that it technically could have been done but would the
increased size and cost have been worth it considering that the OM System
was quite dead by the time the E-1 arrived?  I think they made the right
choice, for the few times that I've ever used OM lenses on the E-system
I'll put up with manual stop-down to keep the body smaller and lighter.
                                        -mark