[OM] Re: OM lens mount to film plane distance

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lens mount to film plane distance
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 12:34:39 +0800
Sorry, Moose. 0.19mm (46.08-45.89) difference seems a lot! I remember Canyon
New F1 claimed they controlled the tolerance to 0.02mm. I just made some
measurements on an OM1n and OM2n, the four corners of the guide rails are no
more than 0.035mm difference, this already included the errors from my not
so flat table (but I did measured more than two times at different locations
of my table).

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/TOL.jpg

Another interesting figure, for the OM 50/1.4, focus from 10 meter to 5
meter the lens extended around 0.25mm (this measurement may not be very
accurate but should be within 0.03mm)

C.H.Ling