[OM] Re: [OT] Eboy's negative feedback policy

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Eboy's negative feedback policy
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:25:06 +1000
I agree in general but I would still like the option to say
something. I have left just four negatives in my time - two as buyer
and two as seller. And received one from a buyer who didn't ask for
the refund he'd have got.
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/ebay_horrors
When I check on Toolhaus, I find that the people who cause the most
negative feedback by a country mile are idiot buyers, not sellers.
You know the stuff, "It took longer than three days to arrive from
Uzbeckistan," "The customs charges were excessive," "The stamp on it
was for four dollars but he charged me five dollars shipping the evil
rip-off merchant," "It said used in the listing but but it had
actually been used," and so on.
Recently I sold a computer game locally. No payment, no response.
None. Later his developing feedback made it clear that this bunny
simply bids on two or three listings and then completes the
transaction on the cheapest win, ignoring the protest of the other
sellers. At present, his poor feedback from sellers shows that he is
a squirrel. What penalty will there be for him in future? He'll have
no negative ratings and the unpaid item strikes won't show up on his
feeback rating will they? I sincerely hope that there will be some
way of challenging and removing negatives in future - I've seen quite
a few that were simply mistakes ("Good deal" - negative or neutral!).
Either that or there must be a sunset clause on negatives - expunged
after a year perhaps.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx