[OM] An unfortunate event.

Subject: [OM] An unfortunate event.
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:28:39 +0100
Hi all,

A few weeks ago my camera kit was stolen in a burglary from my girlfriend's
house.  I'm still waiting for the insurance to come back to see how much of
a budget I have to play with but as all the lenses and the camera body were
lost I have the unusual "opertunity" (what an egregious word, but hey. :) )
to replace my K10D and Pentax based system with something of a perhaps
different make.  Though a K20D is looking pleasent at the moment if the
insurers will cover that.

So, the lost kit was:

Pentax K10D + 18-55mm kit lens
Pentax 50mm F1.4
Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6
Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6
Sigma EF-500 DG Super

and the camera bag they were sitting in.  *sigh*

I'm estimating that the insurance would come back with about £1600, but
until I get a better idea I'm willing to take suggestions on what to get
next.   I am willing to contemplate other makes and manufacturers ... I
guess we'll see what happens.  I'm certainly willing to rebuild the kit
over a period of time, but a good walk about lens and a 50mm prime are
essential.  And a flash.

hmm.

Ah well.

p.

--
  \ \\ \An Englishman, Scotsman and Irishman walk into a bar, the / // /