[OM] Fwd: Seattle trip and questions about the FL-50 vs. FL-50R flashes

Subject: [OM] Fwd: Seattle trip and questions about the FL-50 vs. FL-50R flashes
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:19:03 -0400

Seems to be a transient ISP glitch preventing the posting.? Jumped off the fast
rotation hamster wheel at work for a moment to repost.? FWIW:

Hi Olafo,?
If you are worried about non line of site TTL or otherwise, perhaps the
Radiopopper will come through as a solution. They did start shipping?
though are not keeping up with orders yet. It appears to work with Sony/Min as
well as the expected Can-Nik. They moved the pick-up Inductor external which
made it more reliable. They will look into Oly later as well as overseas
shipping according to the Blog..?
Of course it is only as good as the timing of the?quench signal and I'll defer
to Dr. Flash on that.? It regenerates an IR signal for the slave flash so
obviously won't be compatable for OM.? Perhaps the Radiopopper Jr will be
available in the summer for 25 bucks as promised with several thousnad ft
range, perhaps not. Well it is not vapor-ware anyway.?
?
a review:?
http://edpingol.blogspot.com/2008/04/radio-popper-review.html?
?
Mike?

?
Olafo,?
?
I have an FL-50 as part of my E System kit, my main camera body is now an?
E-3 but was an E-1. I have considered getting the FL-50R to see if it the?
beam based link would be useful. But I will say up front that I don't use?
small flash units much and anyway I lean towards Dr Flash's (AKA Chuck)?
methods 90% of the time using manual control and a flash meter. Since the?
link is line of sight based I fear its too limiting for most of my uses.?
?
?