[OM] Re: Perplexed (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Perplexed (OT)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:12:42 -0700
It is being sold through Amazon by Wall Street Photo. It is a
discontinued camera. I have noticed before when looking for a new
version of a discontinued camera that dealers like Wall Street Photo
mark them way up hoping for the desperate buyer who must have one. It
is kind of like the used book dealers you encounter once a book is out
of print who charge ten or fifteen times the new price regardless of
demand. I suppose one sale covers your costs of your remaining
inventory with a tidy profit. For a while I was interested in a
particular Coolpix that sold new for $399 and some "dealers" were
offering it for close to $900.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA