[OM] Re: OT Eyeglasses

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Eyeglasses
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:47:19 -0700
Doug,
I guess you'll need to talk to friends, family and folks in your area to get
some idea of who is good and not good in your area.
I got lucky in that after I married I hooked up with the fellow my wife had been
using.  I went to progressive bifocal and do prefer them, but....I needed to go
to computer glasses and when those needed to be set for computer / reading he
told me NOT to do those in progressive.  I had a pair of glasses for computer
work / reading cut at work as progressive, and he was right.  I ended up
bringing those frames to him and getting bifocal lens cut for them.

One of the things that might tell if your doctor is really working for you:
When I needed the computer glasses he sat me down in front of his computer and
said get yourself seated for your normal working distance.  Now show me where
you have the papers that you refer to while you are typing and we'll cut the
bifocals for those two distances.

Jay - blind as a bat his entire life

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets