[OM] Re: OT Eyeglasses

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Eyeglasses
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:20:59 -0500
> A couple more points.  After I told him that I thought I would never be
> able to adapt to the progressives he asked me if I was claustrophobic.
> I am, at least moderately so.  He told me that his experience with
> claustrophobic people was that they were less likely (for reasons
> unknown) to be able to adapt to progressives.

My wife, who is also moderately so, couldn't adapt, while I'm not and had
little trouble adapting other than the usual getting used to bifocals. I
haven't shot a level horizon since I got them, and yes, I'm  a bit vain.

> After seeing many Hoya brochures in his office area I asked him why.  He
> said Hoya is one of the largest producers of eyeglass lenses in the US
> and that's where he sends his prescriptions to be filled.

Pentax is a large producer of progressives, or was. Perhaps that's why Hoya
bought them.
Ziess is in that business also.

Bill Pearce