[OM] Re: swimming

Subject: [OM] Re: swimming
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 17:18:31 -0400
Where I grew up in western North Carolina rarely a summer went by
without news of some flatland tourists wading in a mountain stream
and dying for their trouble because those funny looking bushes
growing in the middle of the stream were actually the tops of trees
growing at the bottom of the waterfalls the silly tourists didn't
know were there.

Up here we get people scrambling on the rocks at Pemaquid Point. They
want to see how close to the water they can get. A rogue wave will
rise up out of a relatively calm sea and take them away. For a while
there we were losing at least one a year. It's been a few years since
we lost one. But they have a sign at the entrance of the park
admonishing people to be careful, PEOPLE HAVE DIED!

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com