[OM] Re: (OT) stopping

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) stopping
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 07:39:27 +1000
Not quite. A person who catches wild dogs is a dogger so a person who
deals with bats is a batter. And remember, it's not those tiny little
insect munchers that you lot have that we're talking about  down here
but huge, well muscled child-stealing fruit bats with six foot
wingspans (well, at least 4).
I used to go watch the Melbourne Storm rugby league team on a Friday
night and delight in the sight of these huge beasties lazily circling
in the floodlights. Unfortunately the powers that be decided that the
colony of up to 20,000 of them were doing too much damage by roosting
in the botanic gardens so they brought the 'batters' in to move them
on. I miss them.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx