[OM] Re: (OM) Some E-1 shots used in a set of web-pages

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Some E-1 shots used in a set of web-pages
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 09:36:26 +0100
And all this exchange of posts came from Brian's lovely little scenes
of remembrance in the countryside miles and miles from most of us ...
and Gallipoli.

I didn't need to listen to "The Band Played Waltzing Matilda", by John
Williamson or the Pogues, lovely as they are; Brian's photos were
enough to set me off.

The only time my maternal grandfather spoke of WWI was to tell me
once, in a letter, of his first takeoff in a Maurice Farman from the
grass at Marham, in Norfolk, on a misty morning in 1914.  He was in
the air over the trenches not long aftwards, a much preferable place
to be, I should think.

Chris