[OM] Re: OT $4 a gallon gas

Subject: [OM] Re: OT $4 a gallon gas
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 17:06:46 +0100
Ah, sorry, I got the impression (about a year ago?) that it was your
main drive.

So there is some frugality about Larry the driver? :-)

Just for the record, the BP diesel I used to fill up my little Beemer
this morning cost me GBP1.219 per litre.  Let's call that USD2.40 for
cash; multiply that by 3.78 and you get over 9.  That's dollars a US
gallon ...  Petrol is just over 8 per US gallon.

i suppose those taxes go to pay for my hospital treatment, though.

Chris