[OM] Re: Floyd Bennet Field [was OT $4 a gallon gas]

Subject: [OM] Re: Floyd Bennet Field [was OT $4 a gallon gas]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 13:12:21 -0700
Larry wrote:
> Moose wrote:
>
>> Oh darn! My fantasy was that you were driving one of the older ones with
>> the swoopy fenders. Nice ride anyway, but......
>>

> No, I was more interested in more technical refinement, and easier and
> less maintenance. There was one of those there  today in the Bentley
> version:
>
> http://mutley.hypermart.net/BentleyFB2008.jpg

Now that's STYLE!
>> The mosquitos in the swampy part were tiny, but powerful in bite and
>> numbers. We more or less ran out while swatting.
>>
> Leave it to a Californian to find some additional decaying, supposedly
> decrepit thing about NY to make them thank the gods with seriousness that
> they don't ever have to live here...:)

I hope that smiley means whay I think it does. I was quite charmed by
the wild edges of FBF and would have stayed a bit longer but for the
mosquitos. I quite like Brooklyn, which covers a LOT of different things
and territory! Of course, I only visit for a few days at a time in the
seam between summer and winter.

It's like Berkeley in one respect, getting in or out through the rest of
the area is the pits, but it's relatively uncrowded and easy to get
around most of it. I guess commute hour on the main drags can be a
hassle, although I had fun driving all the way up Flatbush Ave late
afternoon after FBF, driving with one hand, taking pics with the other
and enjoying the show. Even where Carol Anne's sister and family live in
the crowded NW part, we only had to park further away than the same
block once. But most folks who live in that area don't have cars.

Moose