[OM] Re: OT $4 a gallon gas

Subject: [OM] Re: OT $4 a gallon gas
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 19:55:53 -0700
> From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Of course, that implies that you a net nutrient exporter as well -
> how's the soil mate?!

I admit it: I'm depleting the soil in some Iowa soybean field.

Our biodiesel is made only with waste cooking oil. So we are depleting
someone's soil, somewhere. But it would have been depleted in order to
make the french fries anyway, so I don't feel to guilty about taking
waste oil.

:::: I see and admire your manner of living, your warm houses, your
extensive fields of corn, your gardens, your cows, oxen, work-horses,
wagons, and a thousand machines, that I know not the use of. I see
that you are able to clothe yourself, even from weeds and grass. In
short you can do almost what you choose. You whites possess the power
of subduing almost every animal to your use. You are surrounded by
slaves. Everything about you is in chains, and you are slaves
yourselves. I hear I should exchange my presents for yours. I too
should become a slave. Talk to my sons, perhaps they may be persuaded
to adopt your fashions, or at least to recommend them to their sons;
but for myself, I was born free, was raised free, and wish to die
free. -- Big Soldier, 1820 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::