[OM] Re: Price break or typo?

Subject: [OM] Re: Price break or typo?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 06:56:22 -0700 (PDT)
> Local store - use them or lose them.

Depends on the local store and the attitude of the proprieters.  I have asked
many times for my local store to give me comparable pricing on film with B&H,
but they look at me like I just stepped out of a saucer-shaped spaceship.
Meanwhile, their stock ages and they end up with expired film.

Having worked in a camera store for a few years way back when, I know how the
game works.  Sometimes you have stores that have it figured out, but most of
the stores still have the incorrect mentality of "we're the only game in town".

I really do try and give my local store business whenever possible, but they
make it really hard for me to do so because 1. My equipment isn't Canon, and 2.
The prices on things I want to buy are 50-100% higher than on-line.  For
example, camera bags are almost always double the price.

It's my money and I will spend it wisely.  I give them every chance to try to
convince me to spend my money locally, but the choice is theirs to let me walk
out the door, checkbook never opened.

AG

Be a better friend, newshound, and