[OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.

Subject: [OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 07:09:10 -0700 (PDT)
Dr Flash wrote:
> Like the others of us who have gone to the dark side
> expecting to re-use our OM lenses you may discover that manual focus,
> stop-down lenses work best for slow, contemplative photography.  For
> faster action you will soon demand at least one general purpose Canon
> mount autofocus lens.

Ok, you knew that you were going to bring me out of the woodwork on this one,
didn't you?  I agree that one general purpose zoomie lens is handy, but your
assessment about the reuse lenses is all wet.  But then again, maybe it's
because of the viewfinder designs in the "dark-side" cameras.

My personal recommendation to Steve is to scarf an E-1 if he's able to find
one.  They are as rare as hens teeth not just because of the limited number of
sales, but because few people are getting rid of them.  The more I have to deal
with the E-3, the more impressed with the E-1 I become.

Without the battery-grip and a small lens mounted, the E-1 really isn't that
large or heavy.  It ain't an OM body, but for that matter, nothing is.

AG

Be a better friend, newshound, and