[OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.

Subject: [OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 15:43:41 -0700 (PDT)
> I think that the 5mp keeps the price low so that many
> owners decide that they may as well keep it as a backup rather than sell
> it for less than the price of a decent compact. Now, anyone got a
> grip they want to sell cheap? :-)

Well, here is the interesting thing.  The price may appear low, but as a
body-only price, it isn't that much cheeper than what they were selling for
three years ago.  I bought mine (factory refurb) from Cameta with the 14-54 for
a thousand bucks. (USD).  Figuring that the lens was half that price, my camera
cost me $500.  A mighty fine deal, really.  And it came with about 200 pictures
on the odometer.

My wife says that it will be a cold day when I sell the E-1.  She has the
uncanny ability to identify an E-1 picture at a glance.  Doesn't matter who
took it or how it is displayed.

Unfortunately, my rubber is sliding off.

AG

Be a better friend, newshound, and