[OM] Re: The Annie Liebowitz Controversy

Subject: [OM] Re: The Annie Liebowitz Controversy
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 08:07:34 -0500
Winsor Crosby wrote:

> The photograph became more interesting to me because of the commentary
> since it could be seen as as statement about the sexualization of
> children rather than an exploitation. I had missed that aspect when I
> first saw it. It had bothered me, but Liebowitz seemed to good a
> photographer to do a shallow exploitation.

Like those really creepy JonBenet photos?

The Cyrus photo leaves me cold, primarily because it's such a boring,
un-original, "seen it a million times" glamour shot.  Yawn.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon