[OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.

Subject: [OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 21:27:57 -0700
> From: <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
>
> What is A4 in real english?

Like the metric system, the "A-B-C" paper size system is yet another
system that is better than what Murcans cling to.

The neatest thing is that all sizes have the same aspect ratio. So if
you print A1, it will print exactly the same on A4. No messy fudging
like you have to do if you want to print your 8.5"x11" material on
11"x17" paper, or turn a 3"x5" photo into an 8"x10".

Just born in the wrong country, I guess, then moved to a colony.

:::: On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament],
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will
the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the
kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. --
Charles Babbage
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AT12>