[OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.

Subject: [OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.
From: Gordon Ross <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 04:24:30 -0600
now Moose, by resorting to orbits you have made this a circular
argument !!   I am reminded of the story of the young shepherd who
came in from the fildes to his local towns house of ill repute. When
asked by the madame to hold it out for inspection before sampling the
denizens he proudly produced 6cm to laughter and pointing.  When asked
by the madame, "Who are you going to satisfy with that?"   replied,
"Me".

also, cricket bat? as Seinfeld would say, whats up with that?  Only
models play cricket what with those hoops and colored balls, better a
hockey stick because the curve at the end will allow flexible
measurement, And hockey has lots of standards that the world could
rely on- like a pucks thickness (two teeth) very reliable, or a cut
length usually 6 stitches or 3 fingers if you are using duct tape
cause someone lost the stitchin needle tryin to snag a bass through a
hole in the center ice area that we now have to avoid as its not fun
skating with a soaker.  He defended his actions by saying that he
didnt want to use a hook cause you get two minutes for that and the
stitchin needle doesn't have a barb which works better cause he
doesn't like bass anyway.- small consolation for the guys getting
stitches now with the fishook they whine about the barb, proof that
you can't please everyone.  OK back to measuring, so hockey offers the
small and the large measures too all in one so you dont need yer poles
chains and achers. We can get achers in hockey if you dont wear your
can. You got small measures like 'the gap' thats two front teeth
width,  'the crosscheck' thats where you hold the stick two 'skate
blades' apart and smash the stick into the opponent (a standard
measure world wide).  Then you got your two cup sizes for the cooks
the 'junior cup' and the 'mens cup', best to take it out of the holder
when dipping in the flour cause the straps make an awful mess if you
don't.  Then you got your 'face off circle', handy for measuring and
the 'blue line' for bigger measuring jobs and the 'half ice' and
'icing' of course where you have to start all over in the other end.
Then you got the standard number thats #9 owned by Mr. Hockey and the
only modern upgrade acceptable is double that #99 but until last week
94 was in the running but in Calgary here we got #12 who is right up
there so we got good numbers and we know what they mean both modern
day and hysterically.  Well I am sure that you are getting the
picture, why we came up with the Canada Arm and why the world shops at
our doorstep for such precision made things as snowmobiles, seal
skins, maple syrup and bacon.  And lastly no offence was meant to all
those models out there playing cricket we know that you are skinny
girls doing the best you can, you go for it!!!

Gordie