[OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.

Subject: [OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 21:52:13 +1000
You're doing better but made one mistake. You require a field hockey
stick to do real damage. Nasty thing it is - lacks weight but the
hook is handy and they are far more manoevreable than a cricket bat.
Ask the gels - lethal for a light hacking weapon in the right hands.
An ice hockey stick is a joke - far too large at close quarters for
neat and subtle work. I t is the weapon of a berserker thug. Baseball
bats need the grip taped for serious work otherwise they slip in
sweaty hands but it is a limited tool, although easy to conceal on
the person. And, as we know from photography, the poor weapon you
have in your coat is more useful than the good weapon you have way
back in your car. The baseball bat, like the sport is a hit or miss
kind of device.
A cricket bat is very good indeed in the right circumstances - a
skinny girl like, oh, opening batsman Matthew Hayden who looks like
he could drop kick a hay bale about a hundred metres would be pleased
to demonstrate no doubt - if you called him a skinny girl. The flat
face is good for a general smacking, the back ridge for crushing and
the edge for breaking, with a quick jab from the tip as a coup de
grace. Far more versatile than a baseball bat if you have room to
move and time to consider your stroke play. Of course, the Australian
weapon of choice is a picket ripped from the nearest fence...
Hmmm. I've been watching Dexer again haven't I with a little Indian
Premier League 20/20 cricket to follow... Sorry about that.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx