[OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.

Subject: [OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 22:01:52 +1000
Sizes used to be based on the sawn dimension before kiln drying as I
understand so that KDHD (kiln dried hardwood) was always undersize by
a consistent amount. 2x4 framing never was. The entry seems to
confirm this. Scantling dimensions were pretty accurate though as
it's more important and often precisely surfaced and shaped
(skirtings, architraves) in stable, fine grained hardwoods.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx