[OM] Re: Kite Aerial Photography, light weight camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Kite Aerial Photography, light weight camera
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 22:27:17 +0200
Marten Beels wrote:

-----

I'm interested in kite aerial photography, and I'm looking for a light
weight camera. I gather from reading around that most people prefer to
suspend the camera semi-permanently from the kite, and use a remote
trigger system. I'm playing around with a "dolly" type contraption that
sails up the kite string on pulleys, trips the shutter, and returns to
the ground to view the image, or advance the film, or whatever.

-----

Hi Marten, I too would advise to get a larger kite. I haven't done any
KAP myself, but a contoct of mine from Flickr has a lot of experience.
He shares his knowledge with anyone who asks. Best starting place from
his part:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wicherd/sets/896911/

Lots of people have shared their KAP rigs here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/kaprigs/pool/

Good luck and show us some results when you get them. Seems like a lot
of effort before you rech results.

Cheers,

Wiliam