[OM] Re: The Annie Liebowitz Controversy

Subject: [OM] Re: The Annie Liebowitz Controversy
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 16:19:34 +1000
Ha! Blame the parents, the teachers, society, ADHD, passing
strangers, TV, video games, movies, heavy metal records played
backwards.....
Students talk to me - I don't know why. Perhaps because I look like
Santa? (so they say).
Oh and of course because I listen and tend to be non-judgemental
(don't you dare laugh!)
I hear things from them that would leave their parents a gibbering,
screaming wreck.
I keep confidence, within the bounds of mandatory reporting (i.e.
oversexualisation is an indicator of abuse).
Then there are the nasty, awkward, difficult, politically active,
sexually active, overactive kids with perfectly nice, quiet,
bewildered parents.
Some things are just down to the bad seed.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx