[OM] Re: [OT] Interior design

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Interior design
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 16:24:38 +1200
Cc: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Re:

> Send us some pictures.  I've got my own interior design problem with our
> new to us 50 year old house.  The entrance to the kitchen from the dining
> room is a bottleneck.  The doorway is only 29" wide, with cabinets on both
> sides as soon as you enter.  Next, you bang your left shoulder on the
> refrigerator door handle as you walk in (assuming that someone is not
> blocking the way by trying to access ...

My suggestions ...
Swap the bureau / desk with the refrigerator. Move phone jack. Means you
lose the cabinet above the desk. Can't win 'em all.

On the other side, take about 8 inches off the bench next to the door. Save
the end-panel and the trim. Re-make the drawer - you might have to re-do
any dove-tailing. Probably lose the bench door next to the door. The newly
exposed section of wall would need restoration.

Bran Swale