[OM] Re: [OT] Interior design

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Interior design
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 08:46:00 -0400
Thanks, Mike, but neither Lowe's nor 2x6 framing existed in 1958 and the
garage is behind the wall at the opposite end of the kitchen, not behind
the fridge.  But we do now see a cabinet depth fridge as part of the
solution.  We didn't know they existed before I posted this query since
we had never looked at side-by-side configurations.  We will probably
build an alcove for a cabinet depth unit that extends into the garage.
Where the dimmer switch is at far right in photo #4
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/kitchen/d-pict0021er.htm>

Our latest thinking is to get rid of the cabinets above and to the left
of the refrigerator (a side-by-side is too wide to fit under the
existing cabinet) and replace them with a built-in shallow pantry with
bi-fold doors and widen the kitchen doorway to 36" from the present 29".
  I may even try to use PhotoShop to build a visual mockup.  It will
probably be pretty ugly but may be good enough to get an idea of what it
will look like.

Chuck Norcutt