[OM] Re: [OT] Interior design

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Interior design
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 08:50:32 -0400
On Sunday, May 11, 2008 06:11, David Thatcher wrote:

> It's like that now. nobody writes a straight html webpage any more, it's
> always javascript, asp, flash, etc with the incessant updates required
> to keep up... :(

It's the more is better idea. It's the he same people that will use 44
different fonts in a document if they have 44.

> ...never mind the stupidity of IE-only pages... surely if they want hits
> on their page (pay-per-click, ad banners, potential sales etc.) you'd
> think the pages would be written so that I could look at them on
> anything short of (or maybe _including_) a text-only screen!
>
> davidt

This is my major peeve. I have to deal with it at work. I feel there are a
great number of people out there who call themselves web designers because
they can put pieces together from some kind of wysiwyg editor and it works on
THEIR setup. It's like calling someone that can manage to take a frozen
dinner out of the refrigerator and microwave it a cook.