[OM] Re: E510 with saved settings problem.

Subject: [OM] Re: E510 with saved settings problem.
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 00:14:04 +1000 (EST)
Hi Moose,

Camera has got a problem so I've emailed Oly support.
Went to Werribees open range zoo today, FL-50 wouldnt
work or even show as being attached in the viewfinder
of the E510. shutter speed = 1/40th, F5.6 !  Very overcast
day so ended up using IS in program mode on the E510
to try to save the day photographic wise.

Got home and just finished testing the FL50 on the E510
and the E500, works 100% on the E500 but not seen on
the E510. Wish I'd used the E510 more when I first got it but
looking after a wife with MS, her tetraplegic brother, and
his daughter sort of leave me pressed for time for the nice
things in life.

I'll see what Oly support say but I dont thing forcing
replacement firmware is going to fix this.

I've dusted off an OM4 and put batteries in it but at the rate
I'm going probably wont use a camera again for at least a few
weeks.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/