[OM] Salvaging an Epson 1290 ...

Subject: [OM] Salvaging an Epson 1290 ...
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 18:38:45 +0100
Well chaps, notwithstanding my (slight) rudeness about the quality of
the picture on TVs in the US (20 years ago), please may I have some
advice.

I have an Epson 1290 with which I have been using a Fotospeed Crystal
Dye set of ink tanks piped to the print head.  One of the colours has
stopped feeding at any reasonable rate and colours are poor.  I am
using a proprietary head cleaner to clean out the jets, a bottle of
cleaning agent with a syringe provided, but I'm having little
success.  Would a cleaning tank do the trick, followed by using proper
Epson inks again?

Any advice would be gratefully accepted (after all, i didn't mention
anything about the content of TV 20 years ago ... ;-))

Chris

~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.