[OM] Re: How about those Red Wings an alternate discussion for those out

Subject: [OM] Re: How about those Red Wings an alternate discussion for those out o
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 16:22:44 +1000
Many homes around this country used fuel oil of some description
until about 20-30 years ago when it got too expensive. Although we
are thin on the ground and the ground is large, mains gas (methane)
is generally available - because there was no real choice. Bottled
gas was relatively common around here but that has died away with the
spread of natural gas - by popular demand. Remote areas have LPG tanks.
The point I'm making is that when oil was cheap, people used it. When
it got expensive, in the early 1970's, people demanded a cheaper
alternative and got it. Some went to electricity but that got
expensive on them as well. I suspect that there is no shortage of
natural gas in N. America - until now there's been little incentive
to use anything but oil. Time to change.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx