[OM] Re: Low cost backup

Subject: [OM] Re: Low cost backup
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:53:25 -0400
A form of Phthalocyanine dye called Copper Pthalocyanine  is used to make a
blue pigment for artists paints. Another variety is Chlorinated Copper
Pthalocyanine, a green dye also used for paints. They're regarded as being
very fade resistent, nearly as fade resistant as mineral based colors like
Aquamarine (ground Lapis Lazuli) or Cadmium Sulphide, and much more fade
resistant than most dyes. Dyes are rarely used to provide color in artists
paints because most are fugitive (they fade fast).

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design