[OM] Re: OT for the architects amongst us

Subject: [OM] Re: OT for the architects amongst us
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 18:46:15 -0500
iwert bernakiewicz wrote:
> many thanks for the signs of sympathy... today the message came that the
> furniture and 50 models have been salvaged from the building and friday
> demolition will start. They'll try to keep away from the library, so part of
> that might be able to be recovered as well. It is a weird feeling, but what
> is wonderfull is that staff and students are all up and running again, and
> lessons are already continuing. That gives hope for the future!

Glad to hear it.  That was a nasty fire.

Do you know anything about the Wright furniture there?  As a huge Wright
fan, and docent at the Robie House, the possible loss of Wright
furniture concerns me.

Well, it concerns me after I find out the people are fine.  Priorities.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon