[OM] Re: Tripod height

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripod height
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:17:44 -0400
I use a Bogen 3021 Pro which has been replaced by the Bogen/Manfrotto
055XPRO or PROB (for black) which extends to 55.9" w/o extending the
column.  I'm also 5'7" and I can't fully extend the legs or the camera
is too high for me to see through the viewfinder.
<http://www.bogenimaging.us/Jahia/site/bius/pid/6780?kindOfProductCollectionRequest=productDetail&productCode=055XPROB&productDescription=PRO%20TRIPOD%20BLACK&curBrandId=MAN&market=MKT1>
B&H seems not to have this tripod in other than a kit form with head and
case so you'll probably have to look elsewhere.  Extremely rugged but
not exactly light weight.  If I found something smaller and lighter I
don't think I'd be concerned about extending the column about 2".

Chuck Norcutt