[OM] Re: Tripod height

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripod height
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 20:31:28 -0600
Michael Collins wrote:
> I'm missing something here. Is the eye height guideline not realistic, or am
> I looking at the wrong list of tripods, or is centre column extension not
> really the issue it's made out to be, or...?

  I'm 6'1, and I use a Bogen 055pro just fine (center column all the way
down) -- the camera isn't perfectly at eye height, but it's only a few
inches lower which isn't a problem. Sure, I can't stand bolt upright and
look through the viewfinder, but I'm never bending over enough to be a
problem either.

  (with the E-3, the tilt'n'flip screen provides more options --
astrophotography is a lot easier when I don't have to crouch down to
look up through the viewfinder..)

  -- dan