[OM] 1st traditional wedding shoot

Subject: [OM] 1st traditional wedding shoot
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 19:36:00 -0700 (PDT)
I photographed a traditional American Christian
wedding on Saturday. 1st time doing something like
this. The couple is very laid back and relaxed so I
enjoyed the day overall. I ran into a bit of a problem
in the Church when the Priest told me to stay off the
'sanctuary' and then finally telling me that he would
'kick me out' if I didnt stay off the sanctuary. He
also cornered me after the ceremony and told me that
every Church has its own policy and if it had been
another Church...I might have been kicked out. I had
asked the Bride to make sure that I could walk around
freely and she assured me that it would be OK. Both
Bride and Groom were apologetic afterward anyway.

Here are a few photos from the outing:

http://flickr.com/photos/4love/

I nearly filled two 4 gig CF cards.

It had been pouring rain all morning, however when we
arrived at the Buffalo Art Museum/Buffalo History
Museum...it started to clear up. The sun popped but
luckily there were some lingering clouds so it wasnt
overly bright. I used flash outdoors for fill using a
Demb-flipit. The art and history museums were weddding
central on that particular days....dozens of brides
and bridal parties. I noted all sorts of photographers
and "bridezillas". One party had 3 photographers. I
noted one photographer using a tripod and wondered
why? It wasnt dark outside.

Overall a great experience...the bridal party
consisted of 10 people including Bride and Groom. I
beleive I was able to capture some nice photos,
particularly in the Church which proved to be a
challenge.