[OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 17:53:56 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Don't be daft - of course it's a circus, interrupted briefly by a short and
> sometimes almost irrelevant ceremony.
> Recently a friend dealt with this neatly (he'd had some previous experience
> of getting wed).
> They had a very small and simple ceremony on the Saturday with immediate
> families.
> Then they had a massive party on the Sunday open to all comers.
> That got everything in perspective.

Exactly what we did for my second wedding! I had the full tilt thing the
first time - but it didn't stick all that long. Still have an album of
very pro B&Ws of a couple of very young kids I'm not sure I recognize
getting married.

Second one, we walked up to the County Courthouse on our lunch break.
All we had was us, a friend as witness, judge and clerk.

The party Saturday covered two floors and several rooms and, in the old
vernacular of the time, was a Blast. The pics for that one are all
colour snaps.

We didn't even lose anybody, as someone was alert to grab the guy
barfing out a second story window by the belt, so he didn't land on his
head, bounce down another floor and land in the street.. Since he was
uninjured, we made him come back later and clean up the side of the
house. :-)

Moose