[OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 07:38:37 +1000
Clearly we need to return to the medieval protocol where the couple
just showed up at the church on a Sunday (often only once she was
pregnant) and made a declaration to the passing crowd that they
should now be considered married - and the priest made a note of it
in the parish records. I suspect that the ceremony as we now know it
was once merely a blessing uttered over a fait accompli, rather than
some kind of divine permit.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx