[OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 20:33:09 -0300
2008/5/20 Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Clearly we need to return to the medieval protocol where the couple
> just showed up at the church on a Sunday (often only once she was
> pregnant) and made a declaration to the passing crowd that they
> should now be considered married - and the priest made a note of it
> in the parish records.

I would be surprised at such a protocol at anywhere but parishes
seriously destitute of pastors, do you have any sources for it?  It
sounds like something that would happen only where families were
seriously messed.

In any place where conditions improved, the people would look at
cerimonies held by the elites and emulate them.

> I suspect that the ceremony as we now know it
> was once merely a blessing uttered over a fait accompli, rather than
> some kind of divine permit.

Actually the current ceremony was copied from the one held for Queen
Victoria and Prince Albert.

--
skype:leandro.gfc.dutra?chat Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra
+55 (11) 3040 7300 r155 gTalk: xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx