[OM] Re: 35SP

Subject: [OM] Re: 35SP
From: Brent <brutherford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 22:37:31 +1000
Hi Moose

I did wonder about the grain... from what I'd read about the film I
expected virtually no grain at all from this film, and this film (even
in the prints from the lab), looks like a grainy 800ISO+.  It is also
supposed to have an extraordinary range / depth... which I'm not
seeing at all in these photos.  While I like the results, the photos
aren't the low contrast, high detail, rich greys that I expected.

I haven't hand developed since high school... but I think this
experience might convince me to give it another try.   I might follow
Tom's suggestion and see if I can source some diafine.  After reading
up on it a bit it sounds ridiculously easy.

Brent

P.S. The dust was even worse in the scans before I cleaned up the
biggest hairs etc...