[OM] Re: List is sllllooowww..

Subject: [OM] Re: List is sllllooowww..
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 07:32:14 +1000 (EST)
Hi Ali,

> I wonder if a "NING" group would be a better solution
> for the OM list. A NING group can be completely
> private, you can schedule events, display
> photos/videos, have discussions, private message, etc.
> It is a mix of MySpace, Flickr, Facebook, etc rolled
> into one. You can take a look @ www.ning.com

As someone that has worked for a large Australian ISP,
and I hosts email/lists and other services for people, my
1 1/2cents is that if this list is ever moved to 'commercial'
hosting then I wont be joining it.

Aside from that I to have had problems with email
taking a while to get through but that was only
for a couple of days, it seems fine now and may simply
be due to the normal internet, ie, routing between
countries and the weather in Asia causing connectivity
problems to Australia (and other issues causing the odd
hiccup to other coutries).

I've seen the same issues with Yahoo groups and other
email lists over the past month anyway so moving the
list to a commercial type services is in my mind pointless.

Overall my vote is to leave the list were it is :-)

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

They can take my copy of OS/2 when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.