[OM] Re: A recent thread.

Subject: [OM] Re: A recent thread.
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 21:04:53 -0400
But, the prices are far overrun by the strangling cost of healthcare or
health insurance here. Having US gas prices equal Australian gas prices
would easily make you feel that its just simply what we deserve - but
absolutely no health professional here is willing to help you stay or
get well in any way unless you go broke either preparing for when you
need them at thousands a month or die, or figure out which time to get
into debt to pay off costs if you can't afford insurance.

This will never change here because health industry lobbyists can be so
stratospherically convincing that even the most staunch politician after
all their good intentions, just takes his reward and says "well,
whatever, let my public keep paying". That plus there are always the
loud bunch in the populace that think the government covering all
aspects of keeping its citizens healthy as in other countries is a
horrible idea (as it must be in all the other countries that do offer
this - ignorantly wrong as dramatically shown in "Sicko"). The ones that
think its a horrible idea are always the few who have all or just about
all of every healthcare need covered by their job or whatever union
they're in - out of the less and less employers offering this - or those
wealthy enough to pay all their (and their family's) healthcare costs
and not even really realize the money is missing.

Health problems from the intense stress of gas/home heating oil prices
rising will be summarily ignored by the healthcare industry here unless
you choose to go broke from that before going broke from oil prices.

No. Its not "about time" our prices rose dramatically. It is killing us.