[OM] Re: InvisibleShield follow-up

Subject: [OM] Re: InvisibleShield follow-up
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 23:49:33 -0700
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> There is no discernible change in the feel of the LCD with the shield in
> place as best I can remember.? There is no "give" with tapping? ...
>

> Thanks for the report, Mike.  Does the covering feel like a rubber or plastic
> surface?

I put a GGS brand Chinese cover on my 5D LCD. It's some kind of stiff
plastic with multiple coatings on each side. What they are is hard to
say with precision without being able to read Chinese. Browsing the
listings for various sellers it seems there are AR coatings on the
inside, more on the outside, topped with a hardcoat.

Like the more expensive Giottos, they avoid bubbles or Uncle Isaac's
rings by attaching with an adhesive layer around the edge only. There is
a thin air space between cover and LCD, although I can't see any sign of it.

Seems to me just like before, but protected.

Moose