[OM] Re: A recent thread

Subject: [OM] Re: A recent thread
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 03:46:17 -0500
    The discussion of health care for us Merkins has hit raw nerve of
mine.  When I had surgery in '89, I left the hospital with a total bill,
after insurance, of over $1,500.  I paid it off, out of pocket, over the
next several months.  Stupid me.  There's a better way of paying your
medical bills here in the good ol' US of A:  cry, pray, and whine.  At
least it worked for Pastor Jim:
http://www.allina.com/ac/healthhero.nsf/docs/Uninsured_and_in_the_hospital:_Pastor_Jims_story
I absolutely hit the ceiling when I read this ad, and I have a
blistering, angry 4-page letter going out to Kim Nygard soon regarding
how medicine is paid for in this country.  My basic feeling is that
health care in the US is just a tiny step above white collar, organized
crime.
    OM content:   my custom adapter for using my OM lenses on a 16mm
Bolex movie camera arrived last week, just in time for the start of the
butterfly season.  This is going to be exciting, using the 38/2.8 OM
macro lens (and others) to capture moving images of butterflies, jumping
spiders, and, later, mayfly nymphs.
Dean