[OM] Re: OT event photos

Subject: [OM] Re: OT event photos
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 21:30:03 -0400
Ya done good!  Nice work for a single light on-camera.  But I'm not sure
why you gave it up for the Fuji F30 at the reception.  Some bounce flash
  from the 540EZ on the 5D would have worked well if you'd have held a
constant distance and figured the exposure after a couple test shots and
chimping of histograms.  Hold the distance constant (like 10 feet) and
frame with the zoom.  The pull out wide angle panel works well as a
catch-light reflector when pulled straight out and left there instead of
folded down as a wide angle diffuser.  Just position the flash head a
little down from straight up to bounce off the ceiling and let the wide
angle panel kick a little light forward.

This shot (for example) along with a lot of others in this set is made
in exactly that way.
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Christmas_2007/img_5379ec.htm>

Chuck Norcutt