[OM] Re: [OT] Dealing with weak wireless network signals

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Dealing with weak wireless network signals
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 07:16:29 +0100
Chuck

I have 2 suggestions:

- Take an Ethernet cable for when there is only wired access.

- Try Apple's Airport Express.  This is a small unit which plugs into
the wall and provides either base station facilities or a Wireless
Distribution System, extending an existing network.

<http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/specs.html>

I have 2 at home in addition to the dedicated, non-portable base
station in the cellar; one extends the network upstairs to the first
floor (the one above the ground floor ... ) and the other extends it
to our Annex, a small converted barn where people come to stay.

Chris