[OM] Re: Sixteen Bit Scanning and Photoshop

Subject: [OM] Re: Sixteen Bit Scanning and Photoshop
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 03:21:22 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Probably valid for most implementations but a TIFF file may optionally
> incorporate lossless compression and throw off the computation.
Yeah, you're right, and I probably should have mentioned it.

However, anybody using TIFF compression with any apps I've used, is just
wasting their time. In VueScan and PS, they write slower that the
proverbial molasses. And in VueScan, they can actually be larger than
"uncompressed". Completely useless, in my limited experience.

Theory and practice don't always agree.

Moose