[OM] Re: OM4-t Hi.light & Shadow buttons not working

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4-t Hi.light & Shadow buttons not working
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:01:53 -0400
Hi Barnaby,

I have had this type of issue with several of the OM-4's that have passed
through my hands. A CLA at Camtech cured all of them. I believe that the
contacts get tarnished and no longer complete the circuit. Pressing harder
may get it to function in the short term but long term a CLA is the best
bet.

If you are intending to keep and use the camera definitely get it done. If
you are looking to sell then you may want to get a CLA but bear in mind you
won't make much if any profit from the sale once you cover your costs (it
really depends on the condition of the camera of course, a EX+ black 4Ti
will sell for more than the CLA cost for example). Oh and do declare the
issue if selling without the CLA so you buyer knows it needs the work. Oh
and while I think of it don't even contemplate doing this repair yourself,
the 4 is complicated body to open and work.

HTH, Dan S.