[OM] Re: Back, but OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Back, but OT
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:33:08 -0400
I have a friend who also had a valve replaced and is on a lifetime
regimen of Coumadin as well.  He's a man who loves his beer and was at
first upset when he was told that alcohol was a blood thinner as well
and that alcohol and Coumadin could get together and gang up on him.  He
thought, at least for a while, that his beer drinking days were through.
  Finally, his doctor pointed out that he didn't really need to quit
drinking beer.  The most important point was that his drinking had to be
regular so that the combination of a given dose of Coumadin and the
alcohol from the beer were relatively constant.

Well, that did the trick.  Now, not only was he able to keep drinking
his beer but he was now *required* to drink it.  That was about a dozen
years ago and he is doing fine.

Chuck Norcutt