[OM] Re: New scanner and mass scanning projects [was Sixteen Bit Scannin

Subject: [OM] Re: New scanner and mass scanning projects [was Sixteen Bit Scanning and Photoshop]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 15:58:32 +1000
At present I am very happy with the E-1 I got for $370, the E-330 I
got as a run-out special, the Epson 4990 I got for $280....you get
the picture. When these were just and brightshinynew, they were
rather pricey items. Strangely, bought cheaply used or old stock,
they seem to perform just as well! The fact that they are below spec.
compared to to latest brightshinynew items doesn't really affect
their performance that much.
Patience pays serious rewards.I look forward to buying a nice E-3 and
12-60mm in a couple of years time for half or less of present price -
well, the body at least!
Andrew Fildes (who has a huge 45meg Rodime hard drive somewhere that
cost him $1800, just as a reminder door stop).
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx