[OM] Re: Advice sought on additional lenses for my E-510

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice sought on additional lenses for my E-510
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 22:48:25 +1000
It's a nice point that the other manufacturers don't have a clear
intermediate range.
I can think of some that qualify like the Canon L grade f4 lenses -
cheaper, very well made, sharp but slow and heavy.
And they don't market them as such - it's a nice strategy..

The 14-42mm and the newer 40-150mm are a clear cheapening of the
earlier, heavier iterations in that they have plastic mounts. This is
not a 'Standard' range thing as the new 25mm is metal mount. The tele
is substantially smaller and lighter than the first model and a
squeak softer I understand but they are good lenses for the money.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx